Your Personal Information
You do not have to provide any personal information to visit this web site.
Information Automatically Collected and Stored in Server Logs
When you browse through any web site, certain personal information about you can be collected. The Samaritans, Inc. of RI will automatically collect and temporarily store the following information about each visit for statistical purposes:
- The name of the domain you use to access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are using an American Online account, or stanford.edu, if you are connecting from Stanford University’s domain)
- The date and time of the visit
- The pages visited
- The address of the web site you came from when you came to visit
The Samaritans, Inc. of RI uses this information for statistical purposes and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. It will also help us to demonstrate to funders and supporters the types of information people are interested in reading about suicide prevention. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected.
The Samaritans, Inc. of RI does not disclose, give, sell or transfer any personal information about visitors, unless required for law enforcement or by statute.
Notes regarding Confidentiality:
For the purposes of befriending, callers are asked if they would like to share first names. It is not required to receive befriending. All information about callers is confidential within the agency, unless:
- We have informed consent from the caller to pass on information.
- We receive a court order requiring us to divulge information.
- We are passed information about acts of terrorism or bomb warnings.
- A caller attacks volunteers or others.
- A caller threatens to attack volunteers or others.
- A caller deliberately prevents the service from being delivered to other callers.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement at any time and without notice. If we do so, we will post the change on our website.
Suicide Prevention Resources for Rhode Island Residents
Enter the name of your city or town for local resources.